- Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC
Dr. Jeffrey Odel is a Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC and specializes in the field of Neuro-Ophthalmology.
Dr. Odel is active in both clinical and research arenas. His present research interest is in developing efficient clinical tools to distinguish vision loss and visual field loss of optic nerve origin from that of retinal origin. He works with Donald C. Hood, Ph. D., of the department of psychology, in a weekly conference where visual fields are correlated with multifocal electroretinography, multifocal visual evoked potentials and spectral domain optical coherence tomography. He will be addressing with Dr. Hood the most cost effective diagnostic pathway of the work-up of visual loss under different clinical scenarios.
Areas of Expertise
- University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Internship: Henry Ford Hospital
- Residency: Mount Sinai Hospital
- Fellowship: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Fellowship: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
Education & Training
Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute635 West 165th Street
New York, NY 10032
- (212) 305-5415
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-5415
- (212) 305-3389
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Medicare [Traditional Medicare (NY)]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-5415
Honors & Awards
1992 The Philip Knapp Memorial Teaching Award, NYPH