Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology
Dr. Martin L. Leib is a Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and is The Director of Orbit and Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at The Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute, Columbia University Medical Center.
He completed his ophthalmology residency at The McGill University Teaching Hospitals and then completed his Orbit and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Fellowship at CUMC. After completing his fellowship, he was invited to join the former Chairman, Dr. Arthur Gerard DeVoe, in his cataract and cornea practice at The Eye Institute.
Dr. Leib has served as Director of Medical Student Education at Columbia University and continues to serve as Director of Resident lectures in Orbit and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery and its Clinic.
He is currently the President of the New York Ophthalmological Society and actively participates in medical student teaching and resident training at CUMC. He is the author of over 34 articles and book chapters on various topics.
- America Board of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Areas of Expertise
- Cataract Surgery
- Laser Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Lacrimal Disorders
- Thyroid Eye Disease
The Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute
635 West 165th Street
New York, NY 10032
178 East 71st Street
New York, NY 10021
Please contact Dr. Leib’s office directly to verify if your particular insurance is accepted.
- Horizon/PPO Plan only
- United Healthcare
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
(Except the plans from the affordable insurance exchange)
Dr. Leib accepts new patients.
Honors and Awards
- Josephine and Howell Jenkins Award
- Alpha Epsilon Delta
- Hermanth Fellowship in Ophthalmology
- The Montreal Ophthalmology Society Award
- Young Vision Scientist Travel Award
- The New York Ophthalmological Society – President
- Best Doctors – New York Magazine
- Best New York Doctors – Castle and Connolly Guide