Jump to navigation
H. zoster Blepharitis
- Systemic symptoms: fatigue, malaise and low-grade fever
- Dermatomal pain involving the involved division of trigeminal nerve (CN V)
- Nummular or geographic areas of erythematous papules that evolve into vesicles on an erythematous base over several days, eventually become ulcerated, suppurated and crusted.
- Moist compresses.
- Topical antibiotics (avoid secondary infection).
- Oral antivirals within 72 hours of onset:
- Reduces viral shedding
- Decreases systemic dissemination of virus
- Ameliorates incidence of most common ocular complications
- No effect on post herpetic neuralgia