- Uncommon congenital condition.
- Usually is unilateral.
- Enlarged blind spot
- Visual field defect
- Metamorphopsia and/or mild to severe decreased of visual acuity in the cases of macular involvement
- Mild enlargement of the disc
- Variable sizes of crater-like or oval excavation of the disc
- Usually located on the temporal side
- Commonly associated with serous retinal detachment and peripapillary atrophy.
- Can be complicated with cystic changes of the macula, macular hole, RPE changes, and schisis of the overlying retina.
- Argon laser photocoagulation.
- Vitrectomy with gas tamponade.