There are a number of resources available to assist prospective students secure visas to participate in the BSCO program. Click the links below for details and contacts.
Several hotel style rooms may be reserved for your convenience. Please contact the Course Coordinator at (212) 305-7135 for more information. You may also call Housing Information at (212) 304-7000.
Location: Bard Hall, Level 3, 50 Haven Avenue, (212) 304-7010
Features: 15-yard swimming pool, Nautilus and Universal exercise equipment, rowing machines, stairmaster, free weights, aerobic studio, 3 squash courts, treadmills, step climbers, strength and weight training equipment, locker rooms and saunas
Fees: $50 admission fee provides access for the entire month of January.
A computer is available in the John Wheeler Library for internet access during normal business hours.
Augustus C. Long Health Sciences Library
Location: Hammer Health Sciences Building, 1st floor (corner of 168th Street and Ft. Washington)
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-11pm; Saturday, 10 am-7pm; Sunday, 12 pm-11 pm.
Local Area Restaurants
- Blimpie – 4055 Broadway (170-171st St.), (212) 923-5606; Sandwiches/6 ft. lunch specials. Free delivery. Open 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Boleros–3920 Broadway (164-165th St.), (212) 523-9500; Argentinian Restaurant. Open 6 a.m. - Midnight.
- Broadway Donut & Ice Cream – 4005 Broadway. (212) 543-0600
- Carrot Top – Broadway below 165th St., (212) 927-4800; Sandwiches, carrot cake and muffins. Open 24 hours.
- Coogan's – Broadway & 169th St. (212) 928-1234; Delivery. Daily specials and Karaoke.
- Dallas BBQ – 166th St. and Broadway. Barb-Q chicken, hamburgers, etc.
- Domino's Pizza – 736 W. 181st St., (212) 781-3700; Free Delivery.
- El Presidente – Broadway and 165th St., (212) 927-7011; Spanish and American Food. Open 24 hours.
- Empire Szechuan Noodle House – 4041 Broadway, (212) 568-1600; Delivery.
- Famous Famiglia – 4007 Broadway (168th Street), (212) 927-3333; "New York's favorite pizza." Open until midnight every day.
- Kuhinya – 4005 Broadway (168th Street), (212) 781-2222; Noodles, sauces, crostini
- Mike's Bagels –168th St. & Broadway, (212) 928-2300; Assorted bagels, coffee.
- The Garden Café – First floor of The Presbyterian Hospital Building, (212) 305-2186 (ext. 62186). Includes a food court with the following: CrossRoads-serves soup, salads, entrees and specials of the day. Open Mon-Fri, 7:30 am to 3 pm.
- Café Express - Pizzas and sandwiches. Open Mon-Fri from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Jou Jou Cafe– (212) 342-8489; Coffee, cakes, etc., Delivery and Catering
- McDonald's – 4021 Broadway & 169th St, (212) 928-5452.
- Shangri-La - 228 Fort Washington Ave at West 169th St. (212) 927-6685; Deli, sushi bar, salad bar, coffee bar. Open 6 am to 9 pm.
- Subway Sandwiches – 3920 Broadway (near West 165th St.)
- Wendy's – 3939 Broadway (on West 165th St.)
- X Caffé – 3952 Broadway, (212) 543-1999; Coffee and espresso lounge.