Before your surgery at ColumbiaDoctors Ophthalmology, make sure you have completed the forms that apply to you:
Pre-Surgical Medical Clearance
- You will need to obtain a pre-surgical medical clearance from your medical doctor (usually your primary care provider). In addition, you may need to have an electrocardiogram (EKG) or additional testings depending on your health condition.
- These results must be dated within 30 days of the surgery and must be received by our office at least seven (7) business days prior to your surgery date. Our fax number is (212) 342-5435 and our phone number is (212) 305-3069.
- Please note that your surgery cannot happen without the timely receipt of your medical clearance.
Other Downloadable Forms & Instructions
- Same Day Eye Surgery Information Sheet (for surgeries scheduled at the Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute)
- Same Day Eye Surgery Information Sheet (for surgeries scheduled at Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of New York)
- Pre-Procedure Screening Tool
- Pediatric Preoperative Medical Questionnaire
Preparing for Your Appointment
The day before your surgery, you will receive a call from one of our staff about pre-surgery instructions and your time of arrival. Failure to comply with these instructions (NPO status and late arrival) could result in delay or cancellation of your surgery.
Please arrange to have a family member or escort to pick you up after the surgery.