- Instructor in Ophthalmology at CUMC
Aliaa Abdelhakim, MD, PhD is Instructor in Ophthalmology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center and Assistant Attending in NewYork Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Abdelhakim is a board-certified ophthalmologist and retina specialist at the Harkness Eye Institute. She is simultaneously completing a Medical Genetics and Genomics training program at the Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of New York. Dr. Abdelhakim specializes in conditions of the retina, as well as patients with genetic conditions affecting the eyes.
Dr. Abdelhakim completed her medical school training at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, followed by an ophthalmology residency and vitreoretinal surgical fellowship at the Columbia University Harkness Eye Institute, the latter under the mentorship of Tongalp Tezel, MD. Prior to her medical training, she completed a Ph.D. in biochemistry and molecular biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a postdoctoral fellowship in Structural and Cell Biology at Harvard Medical School/ Children’s Hospital Boston.
Dr. Abdelhakim has won numerous awards throughout her training as a clinician and researcher. She was recently named the inaugural Burch-Chang Scholar, recognizing her as one of the rising research talents in ophthalmology.
Areas of Expertise
- Eye Genetics
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina and Vitreous Surgery
- Vitreo-Retinal Disease
CUIMC/Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute635 West 165th Street
New York, NY 10032
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- [UHC/OXF - The Empire Plan, UHC/OXF - The Empire Plan (CD)]
- AETNA [Aetna Signature Administrators, EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NYP Employee Plan, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Student Health]
- AgeWell [Medicare Managed Care, Special Needs]
- CIGNA [EPO, Great West (National), HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare (National) [MagnaCare]
- Medicare [Railroad, Traditional Medicare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- MVP Health Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- RiverSpring [Special Needs]
- UnitedHealthcare [Compass (Exchange), Empire Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: 212-305-9535