- Shirlee & Bernard Brown Professor of Ophthalmology at the Columbia University Medical Center
- Director, Glaucoma Service
- Vice-Chair, Department of Ophthalmology
Dr. Jeffrey M. Liebmann is a Professor of Ophthalmology, Glaucoma Service Director, and Vice-Chair for the Department of Ophthalmology at Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Liebmann graduated from Boston University’s Combined Six-Year Medical Education Program in 1983, completed his ophthalmology residency at the State University of New York/Downstate Medical Center, and glaucoma fellowship training at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary. Dr. Liebmann was previously Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at New York University School of Medicine and Director of Glaucoma Services at Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital and New York University Langone Medical Center. Dr. Liebmann currently serves as President of the World Glaucoma Association, past-President of the American Glaucoma Society, Secretary-Treasurer of the New York Glaucoma Society, and co-editor of Journal of Glaucoma and is a member of the Board of Governors of the World Glaucoma Association and Boards of Directors of The Glaucoma Foundation and the American Glaucoma Society Foundation.
In addition to having one of the nation’s busiest tertiary-care glaucoma practices, Dr. Liebmann is also the Principal Investigator of the African Descent and Glaucoma Evaluation Study and is the author and/or co-author of more than 1,000 medical and scientific papers, book chapters, and abstracts. He has lectured widely in the United States and abroad on glaucoma diagnosis and management. His current main areas of research interest include the causes of glaucoma, glaucoma progression, glaucoma surgery, ocular imaging, and neuroprotection.
Areas of Expertise
- Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Laser Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery
- MD, Boston University School of Medicine
- Internship: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Residency: State University of New York Downstate Medical Center
- Fellowship: New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
Education & Training
CD Third Avenue Office880 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-9535
- (212) 201-4129
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Medicare [Traditional Medicare (NY)]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-9535