- Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC
Dr. Noga Harizman, MD is Associate Professor at Columbia University Irving Medical Center specializing in glaucoma and cornea.
Dr. Harizman is a leader in minimally invasive glaucoma surgery techniques, both as a teacher and practitioner. She also specializes in management techniques for corneal ulcers, endophthalmitis, and endothelial keratoplasty. Prior to joining Columbia, Dr. Harizman was the Director of Glaucoma services at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai, and served as an attending physician and preceptor for resident glaucoma clinics. She was deeply involved in creating the glaucoma surgical curriculum and supervising resident and laser surgical cases. For her outstanding educational leadership, she received the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary Teaching Award in 2011.
A native New Yorker born to Israeli parents, Dr. Harizman grew up in and was schooled and medically trained in Israel. She is a graduate of Tel Aviv University Medical School. Immediately upon graduating from ophthalmology residency, she began teaching and tutoring medical students on ocular anatomy and disease as a Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology, at the Sackler Faculty of Medicine at Tel Aviv University. She then completed sequential fellowships in glaucoma and cornea at The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, where she joined the full-time faculty in 2008.
In addition to her accolades as a distinguished physician-educator with international experience and expertise, Dr. Harizman is known for being an effective and caring mentor for medical students, residents and fellows. She has maintained the highest professional and ethical standards and, enjoys providing care for her new and long-term patients, all while managing a full family life.
Areas of Expertise
- Cornea and External Eye Disease
ColumbiaDoctors Third Avenue880 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-9535
Manhattan - Robert Burch Family Eye Center250 West 64th Street
New York, NY 10023
- (212) 305-9535
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, NYP Employee Plan, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- AgeWell [Medicare Managed Care, Special Needs Plan]
- Amida Care [Special Needs Plan]
- Capital District Physician Health Plan [Capital District Physician Health Plan]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [EPO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Healthfirst [Child/Family Health Plus, Leaf (Exchange), Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- MVP Health Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare Managed Care, SelectHealth, Special Needs Plan]
- WellCare [Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-9535
Honors & Awards
2011 Residents teaching Award New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
2007 Winning Cornea Poster at American society of cataract and refractive surgery (ASCRS): "Anterior Segment Ocular Coherence Tomography (SL-OCT Following;DSAEK" N. Harizman, D.Ritterband, E. Chiu, B. Ovodenko, S. Dorairaj, R. Koplin, J. Seedor.
2005 National Eye Institute travel grant for ARVO
2004 Fellowship grant, American Physicians Fellowship for medicine in Israel (APF)
2003 Traveling Award for Research presentation at ARVO
2002 Research grant, Claire & Amedee Maratier Institute for the study of visual disorders & blindness, Sackler faculty of medicine, Tel-Aviv University
2002 Excellency in ophthalmology board qualification examination (Step B). The Israeli scientific medical committee
2000 Best resident award and traveling award to AAO. Surgical division of the Sheba medical center, Tel-Hashomer Hospital, Israel