- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Qing Wang, MD, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and a clinician-scientist specializing in the medical and surgical management of glaucoma. Her surgical expertise includes cataract and both minimally invasive and traditional glaucoma surgeries. Her research focus is on understanding why retinal ganglion cells are lost in glaucoma and developing new treatments to protect and restore these cells.
Dr. Wang graduated from Yale University with a BS and MS in Molecular Biophysicis and Biochemistry. She subsequently came to Columbia University where she earned her MD and PhD through the Medical Scientist Training Program. Her doctoral dissertation was on the molecular programs that distinguish different subpopulations of retinal ganglion cells during development. She went on to complete her ophthalmology residency and postdoctoral research fellowship on optic nerve regeneration at the Stein Eye Institute at the University of California, Los Angeles. Before returning to Columbia, she completed a glaucoma clinical fellowship at Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University.
Dr. Wang is a rising star in glaucoma research and has won many awards throughout her training. Clinically, she is dedicated to addressing the needs of each individual patient to protect their vision and maximize their quality of life.
Areas of Expertise
- Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Laser Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery
CUIMC/Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute635 West 165th Street
New York, NY 10032
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- AETNA [Aetna Signature Administrators, EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NYP Employee Plan, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Student Health]
- CIGNA [EPO, Great West (National), HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO, HMO, PPO]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare (National) [MagnaCare]
- Medicare [Railroad, Traditional Medicare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- RiverSpring [Special Needs]
- UnitedHealthcare [Compass (Exchange), Empire Plan, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: 212-305-9535