- Instructor in Optometric Sciences (in Ophthalmology) at CUMC
Suzanne Walter Sherman, O.D., F.A.A.O is Instructor in Optometric Science (in Ophthalmology) at Columbia University Medical Center. She specializes in complex and medically necessary contact lens fittings and ocular disease.
Dr. Sherman received her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan with a degree in Brain, Behavior and Cognitive Science. Dr. Sherman graduated from SUNY College of Optometry where elected to the Beta Sigma Kappa International Optometric Honors Society. She completed her optometric residency in Ocular Disease and Primary Care at Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center.
She is board certified in the American Board of Optometry and National Board of Examiners in Optometry (NBEO). Dr. Sherman is a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry.
Dr. Sherman is also dedicated to research and has contributed in peer-reviewed scientific articles in publications such as the American Academy of Optometry and lectured on the topic of Scleral Lenses.
Areas of Expertise
- General Ophthalmology
- Contact Lens/Glasses Fitting
- RGP/Hybrid/Scleral Contact Lenses
- Primary Care and Ocular Disease
- Corneal Irregularities
- OD, State University of New York College of Optometry
- Residency: Bronx - Lebanon Hospital
Education & Training
Robert Burch Family Eye Center250 West 64th Street
New York, NY 10023
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-9535
- (212) 342-3932
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, NYP Employee Plan, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Access (Exchange), EPO, Gatekeeper (Exchange), HMO, Medicare Managed Care, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HealthPlus [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- TRICARE [TRICARE]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-9535