- Assistant Professor of Optometric Sciences (in Ophthalmology) at the Columbia University Medical Center
- Director of Optometric Services
Suzanne Walter Sherman, O.D., F.A.A.O is Assistant Professor of Optometric Sciences (in Ophthalmology), Director of Optometric Services at Columbia University Medical Center and an Assistant Attending at New York-Presbyterian Columbia. She specializes in complex and medically necessary contact lens fittings, anterior segment disease and primary care.
Dr. Sherman received her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan with a degree in Brain, Behavior and Cognitive Science. Dr. Sherman graduated from SUNY College of Optometry and elected to the Beta Sigma Kappa International Optometric Honors Society. She completed her optometric residency in Ocular Disease and Primary Care at Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center.
She is board certified by the American Board of Optometry and National Board of Examiners in Optometry (NBEO). Dr. Sherman is a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry. Dr. Sherman is also dedicated to research and has contributed in peer-reviewed scientific articles in publications such as Review of Optometry (RO), Review of Optometry: Cornea and Contact Lens (ROCCL) Optometric Vision and Science (OVS), Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) and American Academy of Optometry (AAO). Dr. Sherman has presented at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Optometry (AAO) and Global Specialty Contact Lens Symposium (GSLS).
Areas of Expertise
- General Ophthalmology
- Contact Lens/Glasses Fitting
- RGP/Hybrid/Scleral Contact Lenses
- Primary Care and Ocular Disease
- Corneal Irregularities
- OD, State University of New York College of Optometry
- Residency: Bronx - Lebanon Hospital
Education & Training
ColumbiaDoctors Third Avenue880 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
- (212) 305-9535
- (212) 305-0212
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, NYP Employee Plan, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Access (Exchange), EPO, Gatekeeper (Exchange), HMO, Medicare Managed Care, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- MVP Health Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- TRICARE [TRICARE]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-9535