Dr. Talsania completed her internship at Cambridge Health Alliance, a training hospital in the Harvard medical system, and her ophthalmology residency at Boston Medical Center, affiliated with Boston University. She was recognized for her work teaching medical students and received an award for her research in orbital cellulitis in children. She completed a fellowship in the subspecialty of pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus at the Duke Eye Center. She joined Columbia University Medical Center after practicing in Florida for two and a half years at a multispecialty ophthalmology practice where she was also the consulting ophthalmologist for Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Talsania is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology as well as the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. She has published work in the field of pediatric ophthalmology on the topics of strabismus following glaucoma drainage device implantation and pediatric corneal cross-linking for keratoconus. Dr. Talsania is known for her excellent patient rapport and her attention to detail.
Sonali D. Talsania, MD is an assistant professor of ophthalmology at Columbia University Medical Center and the NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital. She is a board-certified ophthalmologist who completed fellowship training in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus. She specializes in the ophthalmologic care of children and the surgical treatment of strabismus (eye misalignment) in both children and adults. She conducts general pediatric ophthalmologic exams and provides surgical and medical care for a variety of pediatric ophthalmologic conditions, including blocked tear ducts, amblyopia, childhood cataracts, dermoid cyst removal, and eyelid droop repair.
Dr. Talsania grew up in Westchester County, New York, and spent many years in Boston, where she completed college, medical school, and her residency. She graduated summa cum laude from Harvard College with a degree in Biology and was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa Society. She received her medical degree from Harvard Medical School.
Areas of Expertise
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
CUMC/NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital3959 Broadway
New York, NY 10032
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-9535
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- AETNA [Aetna Signature Administrators, EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NYP Employee Plan, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Student Health]
- Affinity Health Plan [Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- AgeWell [Medicare Managed Care, Special Needs]
- Amida Care [Special Needs]
- Capital District Physician Health Plan [Capital District Physician Health Plan]
- CIGNA [EPO, Great West (National), HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Health First [Child/Family Health Plus, Leaf (Exchange), Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Local 1199 [Local 1199]
- MagnaCare (National) [MagnaCare]
- Medicare [Traditional Medicare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- MVP Health Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty]
- United Health Care [Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE SelectHealth [Medicare Managed Care, Select Health, Special Needs]
- WellCare [Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-9535