- Instructor in Optometric Sciences (in Ophthalmology)
Y. Shira Kresch OD, MS, FAAO is an Instructor in Optometric Sciences (in Ophthalmology) in Columbia University Medical Center. She is a primary care optometrist who specializes in the non-surgical treatment and management of glaucoma.
Dr. Kresch received her B.S. in Nutrition and Food Science magna cum laude with a co-major in University Honors from Wayne State University Honors College on a presidential scholarship. After graduating from SUNY College of Optometry's dual O.D./M.S. program, she went on to complete her optometric residency in Ocular Disease and Primary Care at the NY VA Harbor Healthcare system.
Dr. Kresch has presented at The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry who is published in the Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science journal as well as the Review of Optometry. She has also lectured on the topics of glaucoma and patient education and has developed a patient education website to provide easily accessible interactive materials for patients to better understand their eye conditions.
Areas of Expertise
- General Ophthalmology
- Diabetic Retinal Exams
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Annual Exams
- Conjunctival Diseases
- Contact Lens Fitting
- Contact Lens/Glasses Fitting
- Contact Lenses
- OD, State University of New York College of Optometry
- Residency: Veterans Administration NY Harbor Health System
Education & Training
Robert Burch Family Eye Center250 West 64th Street
New York, NY 10023
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 305-9535
Please contact the provider's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [EPO, HMO, Medicare Managed Care, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Cigna [EPO, Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Emblem/GHI [HMO, Medicare Managed Care, PPO]
- Emblem/HIP [ConnectiCare, EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), NYP Employee Plan, Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- MagnaCare [MagnaCare]
- Multiplan [Multiplan]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare Managed Care]
- UnitedHealthcare [Columbia University Employee Plan, Compass (Exchange), EPO, Essential Plan, HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare Managed Care, POS, PPO]
This provider accepts new patients
Appointment Phone Number: (212) 305-9535